The 2022 Africa Cup of Nations that will kick off in Cameroon on Sunday gets update on team compositions.
Number of substitute players per match:
CAF will apply the five substitutions per match rule during this competition, as follows:
- Each team will be permitted to use a maximum of five substitutes.
- To reduce disruption to the match, each team will have a maximum of three opportunities to make substitutions during the game; substitutions may also be made at half-time.
- If both teams make a substitution at the same time, this will count as one of the three opportunities for each team.
- Unused substitutions and opportunities are carried forward into extra time.
- Where extra time is played, teams will each be allowed one additional substitution, and will have one additional substitution opportunity; substitutions may also be made before the start of extra time and at half-time in extra time.
- Also Read : 2022 AFCON : GROUP A OVERVIEW WITH HOSTS CAMEROON
Minimum number of players in case of a team affected by COVID-19
- If the result of the Covid-19 PCR test of any player is positive, such player will not be authorized to go to the stadium or participate in the applicable match.
- A team will be required to play a match if they have a minimum of eleven (11) players available who have tested negative. In the event of the absence of a goalkeeper, another player from the team must replace the goalkeeper, provided the total number of available players is at least eleven.
- A team that does not have a minimum of eleven (11) players available will be considered to have lost the match 0-2.
- In exceptional cases, the Organizing Committee of the Africa Cup of Nations will take the appropriate decision.
- CAF Issued New Team Rules With Reagrds To Covid-19 Threat Over 2022 AFCON (africatopsports.com)