- MTN Uganda together with device partners Mkopa, Tecno and Shop-in-shop are giving back to customers through crazy discounts on the sleekest smartphones on the market.
- A wide range of smartphones is accessible through MTN’s device financing scheme, ‘Mpola-Mpola’ which allows payments for smartphones in installments.
- The initiative by MTN is part of a wider campaign to increase access to smartphones in the country.
Friday 24th December, 2021- Kampala, Uganda: MTN Uganda, this festive season is giving back to its customers with crazy discounts on the sleekest smartphones on the market.
Through its device selling platform, MTN Depo, created in collaboration with a number of device partners including Tecno, MKopa and Shop-in-shop, MTN is offering the best phone deals on the market.
In addition, the telecom is offering customers an easy, flexible, and favorable mode of payment through its device financing scheme, ‘Mpola – Mpola’ which allows payments for smartphones in installments daily, weekly or monthly.
Somdev Sen, the MTN Uganda Chief Marketing Officer said that MTN is enabling its customers to relish the festive season which is characterized by merrymaking and gift exchanges.
“At MTN, we strive to please our customers through providing them with affordable and quality products and services. We are aware that the festive season is about merrymaking and gifting your loved ones, so we are making that process easy by providing the best smartphones deals and allowing payment in either daily, weekly or monthly installments such that our customers do not feel the burden of a lump sum payment,” he said.
Somdev also explained that the initiative by MTN aims to extend access to smartphones to every Ugandan across the country because: “We believe that everyone deserves to enjoy the benefits of a modern connected life. A smartphone is a step in the right direction to achieve this goal.”
The Mpola – Mpola scheme was introduced by MTN last year with the Kabode smartphone as the pioneer product. MTN Kabode is user friendly, with a long battery life, a 5.5” screen, 2MP front camera and 5MP back camera and provides access to various online services including MTN’s Tidal, instant messaging app Ayoba, Pulse, Facebook among others.
About ‘Mpola – Mpola’ scheme and how it works
- The Mpola – Mpola scheme allows MTN customers purchase devices with a low initial payment and the balance paid in multiple instalments either daily, weekly, or monthly thereafter. When you take a device on instalment offer, you automatically enter an agreement with MTN Uganda for provision of this service and also accept the terms & conditions that you can find available at mtn.co.ug
- Customers will be required to pay instalments and finish the balance within 6 months.
- Only MTN customers are eligible for this service. Eligibility is guided by how long the customer has been an MTN subscriber as well as their usage of MTN services. Eligibility is determined by dialing *165*5*2#.
- After checking for eligibility, customers will be required to visit an MTN Service Centre, with the required initial deposit plus their national ID, to get the Smartphone.
- Customers can only make payments using MTN Mobile Money by dialing *165*5*2# selecting MTN Depo or through the MyMTN App. To find out the monthly installment, also dial *165*5*2#.
- Customers can also make payments on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis provided they pay the required amount for the month by the end of the 30 days from last instalment or deposit payment.
- Visit any MTN Service Centre for more details.