The Queen was reportedly forced to give up horse riding two months ago after suffering from “discomfort”.
The 95 year old Monarch, who has pulled out of her appearance at the CO26 summit in Glasgow on Monday 1 November, is said to have not been in the saddle since her summer break in Scotland.
“She was in quite a bit of discomfort. She adores riding, and it has been part of her ritual for most of her life,” a source said of the equestrian lover.
“She has been extremely disappointed not to go riding since the beginning of September,” a source added to The Sun.
The publication reports that the Queen refuses to give up her favourite sport completely and shall be returning after she rest and recovers.
The Queen underwent some tests at the private King Edward VII’s Hospital in London on October 20, her first overnight stay in eight years.
Her aides said the tests were only “precautionary”, but the Queen has also made other changes in recent weeks.
She was pictured using a walking stick in public two weeks ago for the first time.
Despite health concerns, the Queen continued to attend and host several engagements, such as holding a reception for guests, including billionaire Bill Gates and US climate envoy John Kerry.
Buckingham Palace also assured the public the monarch “remains in good spirits”.
However, it was recently announced that she had to pull out of her appearance at the CO26 summit in Glasgow.
The Monarch was advised to rest by medical professionals following her hospital stay, following reports she was also asked to cut back on drinking alcohol, and has therefore decided she will no longer travel to the summit, Buckingham Palace has confirmed.
She will instead make a virtual appearance as she will record a video message for the event.
A spokesperson from Buckingham Palace said: “Following advice to rest, The Queen has been undertaking light duties at Windsor Castle.
“Her Majesty has regretfully decided that she will no longer travel to Glasgow to attend the Evening Reception of COP26 on Monday, 1st November.
“Her Majesty is disappointed not to attend the reception but will deliver an address to the assembled delegates via a recorded video message.”
The Monarch was forced to cancel a two-day trip to Northern Ireland last week.