Urban Snail Farm is an innovative limited company working on a research based project with value addition on Snail products.
Founded by Ms Lucy Mugisha Shillingi in 2018 she started off with feasibility studies on snails in West Africa, Europe and Asia.
Learning from variety experiences apart from Snails as food – a delicacy especially in West Africa where she worked an lived she also found mainly from Asia the value addition products of cosmetics and pharmaceutical-still under research.
It’s based on this innovative interest that grew and she took on further research and snail farming here in Uganda in 2019 with financial support from Micro Finance Support Center – a government-owned program. Out of the fully-fledged laboratory, with her technical team, she started making hand sanitizers on a small scale and she is now producing on large scale LMS hand sanitizer brand – both Liquid and Gel and other disinfectants with UNBS certification and permit.
LMS is a brand under Urban Snail Farm Limited that is involved in the production of a variety of ecologically friendly health and hygiene products.
Currently, our brand boasts a variety inclusive of but not limited to sanitizers of both liquid and gel varieties, an aerosolized disinfecting agent and various antimicrobial products.
These products have a base of isopropyl alcohol and hydrogen peroxide which together, are indicative of superior antimicrobial, antibacterial as well as antiviral properties as opposed to competing products of a predominantly ethanol constitution.
The products have all been proven, through various standardized tests by independent and nationally accredited laboratories to possess a 99% efficacy in the destruction of bacteria, viruses and all manner of harmful pathogens and as such, all possess certification by the Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS).
Additionally, our products are not only dermatologically friendly with a soft and gentle feel but are also pleasantly scented for an all-round positive experience.
We currently provide the below listed products in large quantities:
-LMS Liquid sanitizer
-LMS Sanitizing Gel
-LMS Aerosolized Disinfectant (finalizing with UNBS tests and certification)
schooling once the COVID19 lockdown is lifted.
“Please receive our humble contribution .We stand with our brothers and sisters in Uganda and especially those in cities whose food supplies have been adversely disrupted by the lockdown.
These donations will be utilized by the Ministry of Health according to the National Response Fund to Covid 19 Chairman Engineer Emmanuel Katongole.
On Friday 24th April, Uganda’s President Museveni flagged off the first batch of 45 Motor Vehicles that had been donated to the Ministry of Health.
The donations in kind including foodstuffs and other medical equipment are always handed over to the National Taskforce for COVID-19.
President Museveni, announced the establishment of the NATIONAL RESPONSE FUND TO COVID-19 that was was formed on the 8th April,2020.
He also appointed a Committee to provide leadership to the COVID-19 Fund. The members of the Committee are: –
- Hon. Mary Karooro-Okurut, Minister of General Duties, OPM, Political oversight
- Mr. Emmanuel Katongole, CEO, Cipla Chemicals – Chairperson
- Mr. Robert Kabushenga, CEO, New Vision Group, Member
- Mr. Apollo Makubuya, Distinguished Lawyer, MMAKs Advocates, Member
- Mr. Francis Kamulegeya, CEO, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Member
- Mr. Kishor Jobanputra, CEO, Picfare Industries, Member
- Mr. Patrick Mweheire, Regional CEO, Standard Bank Group, Member
- Mr. Bwoch Gustavas, Chairman Centenary Bank, Member
- Bishop Joshua Lwere, Member Council of Presidents, IRCU, Member
- Mr. Aga Sekalala (Jr), CEO, Ugachick, Member
- Dr. Ian Clarke, CEO, International Hospital Kampala, Member
- Dr. Francis Omaswa, Former Director General of Health Services, Member
- Mr. Keith Muhakanizi, Permanent Secretary, Secretary to the Treasury, Member
- Dr. Diana Atwine, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Member
- Mrs. Dorothy Kisaka – Secretary/Covid-19 Fund Administrator
- The mandate of the Committee is to take responsibility for mobilizing resources for the fight against the pandemic, COVID -19 and enable provision of relief to vulnerable persons
The President recently donated 1.4M, as part of his monthly salary to the Covid-19 Fund. He pledged that this deduction will be donated every month till the pandemic of Covid-19 is eliminated. This took place on 30th April and the cash donation was brought in person by the First lady and Minister of Education, Janet Kataaha Museveni to the Covid-19 Fund Committee at the Office of the Prime Minister.
- Cabinet Ministers of the Government of Uganda
- Members of Parliament
- Members of the Judiciary
- Permanent Secretaries
- Directors, Commissioners and all Senior Civil servants
- All leaders in the local Government structures
- Mrs Dorothy Kisaka: She appealed to the wellwishers to pay their money to the banks and bring pay slips to the Fund.
- Bank Name:Stanbic Bank,Garden City
- Account Name:National Response Fund to Covid19
- Account Number:Shillings:9030017338551
- Info@Tel +256-776-000-108,+256793942474