By Ronald Kabuubi/KMA Updates.
Following the Covid19 pandemic that has caused fatal setbacks in the implementation of government programs globally and nationally, and in line with the President’s initiative to fight and control the spread of the disease, while reducing its effects on vulnerable communities.
“Please receive our humble contribution .We stand with our brothers and sisters in Uganda.
The Vice President Mr Charles Mwebembezi who led the team said below:
It has come to our realization the Freight logistics is the new epicenter of the Corona Virus in the region and this has really exposed everyone.
As one of the ways to contain the spread of this Virus through/by truck drivers, Uganda Freight Forwarders Association has donated items worth thirty-nine million, five hundred thousand shillings to the National task Force.
This has been used to Procure assorted PPE items and also run a sensitization Campaign for the truck drivers and their crew.
Our donation is tied to the Frontline MDAs operation at the ports of Entry in Uganda as well as those at the health and seclusion points.
Assorted PPE items procured as classified are indicated below:
-320 litters of Sanitizer
-300 pieces of daily Protective disposable Masks.
-500 pieces of N95 Masks
-A sanitation Media Campaign for drivers (3TVs and 3Radio Stations).
The donations were received by the Political Overseer of the National Response Fund to Covid19, Fund Member, Mr. Robert Kabushenga and Mrs. Kisaka Dorothy, the Administrator and Secretary to the Fund.
These donations will be utilized by the Ministry of Health according to the National Response Fund to Covid 19 Chairman Engineer Emmanuel Katongole.
On Friday 24th April, Uganda’s President Museveni flagged off the first batch of 45 Motor Vehicles that had been donated to the Ministry of Health.
The donations in kind including foodstuffs and other medical equipment are always handed over to the National Taskforce for COVID-19.
President Museveni, announced the establishment of the NATIONAL RESPONSE FUND TO COVID-19 that was was formed on the 8th April,2020.
He also appointed a Committee to provide leadership to the COVID-19 Fund. The members of the Committee are: –
- Hon. Mary Karooro-Okurut, Minister of General Duties, OPM, Political oversight
- Mr. Emmanuel Katongole, CEO, Cipla Chemicals – Chairperson
- Mr. Robert Kabushenga, CEO, New Vision Group, Member
- Mr. Apollo Makubuya, Distinguished Lawyer, MMAKs Advocates, Member
- Mr. Francis Kamulegeya, CEO, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Member
- Mr. Kishor Jobanputra, CEO, Picfare Industries, Member
- Mr. Patrick Mweheire, Regional CEO, Standard Bank Group, Member
- Mr. Bwoch Gustavas, Chairman Centenary Bank, Member
- Bishop Joshua Lwere, Member Council of Presidents, IRCU, Member
- Mr. Aga Sekalala (Jr), CEO, Ugachick, Member
- Dr. Ian Clarke, CEO, International Hospital Kampala, Member
- Dr. Francis Omaswa, Former Director General of Health Services, Member
- Mr. Keith Muhakanizi, Permanent Secretary, Secretary to the Treasury, Member
- Dr. Diana Atwine, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Member
- Mrs. Dorothy Kisaka – Secretary/Covid-19 Fund Administrator
- The mandate of the Committee is to take responsibility for mobilizing resources for the fight against the pandemic, COVID -19 and enable provision of relief to vulnerable persons
The President recently donated 1.4M, as part of his monthly salary to the Covid-19 Fund. He pledged that this deduction will be donated every month till the pandemic of Covid-19 is eliminated. This took place on 30th April and the cash donation was brought in person by the First lady and Minister of Education, Janet Kataaha Museveni to the Covid-19 Fund Committee at the Office of the Prime Minister.
- Cabinet Ministers of the Government of Uganda
- Members of Parliament
- Members of the Judiciary
- Permanent Secretaries
- Directors, Commissioners and all Senior Civil servants
- All leaders in the local Government structures
- Mrs Dorothy Kisaka: She appealed to the wellwishers to pay their money to the banks and bring pay slips to the Fund.
- Bank Name:Stanbic Bank,Garden City
- Account Name:National Response Fund to Covid19
- Account Number:Shillings:9030017338551
- Info@Tel +256-776-000-108,+256793942474