Uganda government has moved to shutdown public movements in a bid to stem the spread of Covid-19
This follows the total number of confirmed people diagnosed with COVID- 19 rising up to 44.
The choir of 12 children and 10 adults have been quarantined since their arrival at Entebbe International Airport on March 20, 2020, 11 of them tested positive.
He was speaking in a televised address which he had convened to clarify on the preventive measures he issued on Monday night against the spread of the virus.
Despite this, President Museveni remains confident that the country is doing a good job at limiting the further spread of the virus.
To date, 1,015 people are under follow up and under institutional quarantine, according to Dr Henry Mwebesa,the director general health services.
“A total of 660 contacts to the confirmed cases are under follow up,” he said.
On Monday, Mr Museveni put restrictions on the use of private vehicles and imposed a two-week curfew.
In a statement, Dr Mwebesa, said the 11 new confirmed cases were all under institutional quarantine at the time of test.
The cases include a 29-year-old female resident of Kyanja, Nakawa who is a contact to one of the previously confirmed case.
The second victim is a 27-year-old male resident of Mpererwe, Wakiso who arrived from the United Kingdom.
Six girls aged between seven and 10 who had travelled to the UK also tested positive.
The other victim is a 30-year-old male resident of Kisaasi, Kampala who had also travelled to the UK.
A 27-year-old female resident of Kavule, Makerere who had also travelled to the UK tested positive.
The other case is a 26-year-old male resident of Katabi, Wakiso district.