Following the Covid19 pandemic that has caused fatal setbacks in implementation of government programs globally and nationally, and in line with the President’s initiative to fight and control the spread of the disease, while reducing its effects on vulnerable communities,
Mr. Masaki Okajima of Keisokugiken Company limited and Mr. Abbas Ali of Yoshino trading limited both donated a Land cruiser each.
The two gentlemen handed over the Keys to the National Taskforce through the Office of the Prime Minister and they were received by Hon. Mary Karooro Okurut, the Minister of General duties in the Prime Minister’s office also the Political over seer of the National Response Fund to Covid19.
“Please receive this contribution from us. .We stand with our brothers and sisters in Uganda and especially those in cities whose food supplies have been adversely disrupted by the lockdown,the gentlemen said.
These funds will be utilized by the Ministry of Health targets or Test kits, Personal Protection Equipment (PPEs) and other needs of the Ministry of Health and the Government of Uganda according to the National Response Fund to Covid 19 Chairman Engineer Emmanuel Katongole.
On Friday 24th April, Uganda’s President Museveni flagged off the first batch of 45 Motor Vehicles that had been donated to the Ministry of Health.
The donations in kind including foodstuffs and other medical equipment are always handed over to the National Taskforce for COVID-19.
President Museveni announced the establishment of the NATIONAL RESPONSE FUND TO COVID-19 that was formed on the 8th April 2020.
He also appointed a Committee to provide leadership to the COVID-19 Fund. The members of the Committee are: –
- Hon. Mary Karooro-Okurut, Minister of General Duties, OPM, Political oversight
- Mr. Emmanuel Katongole, CEO, Cipla Chemicals – Chairperson
- Mr. Robert Kabushenga, CEO, New Vision Group, Member
- Mr. Apollo Makubuya, Distinguished Lawyer, MMAKs Advocates, Member
- Mr. Francis Kamulegeya, CEO, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Member
- Mr. Kishor Jobanputra, CEO, Picfare Industries, Member
- Mr. Patrick Mweheire, Regional CEO, Standard Bank Group, Member
- Mr. Bwoch Gustavas, Chairman Centenary Bank, Member
- Bishop Joshua Lwere, Member Council of Presidents, IRCU, Member
- Mr. Aga Sekalala (Jr), CEO, Ugachick, Member
- Dr. Ian Clarke, CEO, International Hospital Kampala, Member
- Dr. Francis Omaswa, Former Director General of Health Services, Member
- Mr. Keith Muhakanizi, Permanent Secretary, Secretary to the Treasury, Member
- Dr. Diana Atwine, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Member
- Mrs. Dorothy Kisaka – Secretary/Covid-19 Fund Administrator
- The mandate of the Committee is to take responsibility for mobilizing resources for the fight against the pandemic, COVID -19 and enable provision of relief to vulnerable persons
The President recently donated 1.4M, as part of his monthly salary to the Covid-19 Fund. He pledged that this deduction will be donated every month till the pandemic of Covid-19 is eliminated. This took place on 30th April and the cash donation was brought in person by the First lady and Minister of Education, Janet Kataaha Museveni to the Covid-19 Fund Committee at the Office of the Prime Minister.
- Cabinet Ministers of the Government of Uganda
- Members of Parliament
- Members of the Judiciary
- Permanent Secretaries
- Directors, Commissioners and all Senior Civil servants
- All leaders in the local Government structures
- Mrs Dorothy Kisaka: She appealed to the wellwishers to pay their money to the banks and bring pay slips to the Fund.
- Bank Name:Stanbic Bank,Garden City
- Account Name:National Response Fund to Covid19
- Account Number:Shillings:9030017338551
- Info@Tel +256-776-000-108,+256793942474