Spread the love
FULL-TIME Everton 2-2 Liverpool
- 16:25NO GOAL! Everton 2-2 Liverpool (90+1 mins)After taking a closer look, the VAR has decided Sadio Mane was slightly offside as he was played in down the left. It’s as you were at Goodison Park.
- 16:23GOAL! Everton 2-3 Liverpool (HENDERSON, 90+2 mins)Captain, leader, MATCH WINNER! Sadio Mane is set free down the left and picks out Jordan Henderson in the box, who sweeps in a Liverpool third despite Jordan Pickford’s best efforts.
- 16:21RED CARD! RICHARLISON, Everton (88 mins)Yerry Mina wins an aerial duel against Sadio Mane and when the loose ball is up for grabs in the middle, Richarlison catches Thiago with a wreckless challenge and Michael Oliver brandishes the red card.
- 16:18UNPLAYABLE – How do you defend against DCL?
- 16:16Everton 2-2 Liverpool (84 mins)Liverpool’s lead is almost instantly restored, Sadio Mane beating the offside trap but is thwarted by Jordan Pickford and Diogo Jota can’t capitalise with the follow-up.
- 16:14Premier League pundit Jim Beglin:”I think this is just brilliant running from Digne, who’s always willing to make that run and when he does get in position, he stood it up beautifully and he’s basically saying to the centre forward ‘go on then, compete,’ and Andy Robertson just had to back off because he can’t cope with the size he’s dealing with.”
16:12GOAL! Everton 2-2 Liverpool (CALVERT-LEWIN, 81 mins)He was always going to score, wasn’t he? It’s a stunning goal, too, from Dominic Calver-Lewin, towering above Andy Robertson at the back post to nod Lucas Digne’s inch-perfect cross into the bottom corner. It’s all set up for a fascinating final ten minutes.
- 16:10100 UP – Salah celebrates century of goals
- 16:09SUBS Everton 1-2 Liverpool (77 mins)Everton have Jordan Pickford to thank for keeping the difference at just one goal with a stunning one-handed stop to deny Joel Matip’s powerful header. Roberto Firmino makes way for Diogo Jota while Alex Iwobi comes on for Abdoulaye Doucoure.
- 16:06STAT 💯 🇪🇬Mohamed Salah has scored his 100th goal in his 159th game for Liverpool in all competitions – only Roger Hunt and Jack Parkinson have reached the milestone in fewer appearances for the Reds.
- 16:05Premier League pundit Jim Beglin:”Echoes of the Leeds United game, not quite as spectacular in the way he placed that. This comes off Yerry Mina, who might be disappointed because all he does is knock it straight into Mo Salah’s path, but it still needs finishing, that’s a finish by the way. No matter what ‘keeper’s in goal today, nobody’s getting anywhere near that.”
- 16:02GOAL! Everton 1-2 Liverpool (SALAH, 72 mins)Mo Salah’s been quiet all afternoon but when he comes alive, boy does he come alive! Yerry Mina’s poor clearance lands right at Salah’s feet, who lashes in a devastating Liverpool second. His 100th in all competitions for them, too!
- 16:01BREAKING TEAM NEWS: Chelsea v Saints (1500 BST)Kepa and Christian Pulisic start for the hosts while Theo Walcott makes his second debut for the visitors. More from Stamford Bridge when we wrap up here.
- 15:59Everton 1-1 Liverpool (67 mins)FPL managers, Sadio Mane collects a yellow card to go with his goal after challenging Lucas Digne for a loose ball.
- 15:55Everton 1-1 Liverpool (64 mins)James Rodriguez is given the freedom of the Everton final third as Liverpool defenders retreat, inviting the shot from the Colombian. Adrian does well to get down to his right to push the ball away from danger.
- 15:51Everton 1-1 Liverpool (60 mins)Another glimpse of that wonderful left foot of James Rodriguez, who sends in a deep cross for Richarlison at the back post. The Brazilian rises well but his header comes back off the post.
- 15:50AN INCH AWAY – DCL can’t quite reach Digne’s cross
- 15:48STAT!Only Danny Ings (12) has scored the opening goal in more PL games since the start of last season than Sadio Mane (9 – level with Aubameyang).
- 15:45Everton 1-1 Liverpool (54 mins)A coming together in the centre circle leaves Andy Robertson and Allan in a heap as the Scot nips the Everton midfielder’s ankles. Time for the players to catch a quick breather and take some fluids on board with Robertson receiving treatment.
- 15:43Everton 1-1 Liverpool (51 mins)Expecting the net to bulge with the form he’s in, but Dominic Calvert-Lewin can’t connect with Lucas Digne’s lovely first-time driven delivery. Adrian gathers the loose ball and DCL throws his head in his hands.
- 15:39Everton 1-1 Liverpool (48 mins)Liverpool come flying out the blocks, attacking down the right and after Everton clear the cross, Fabinho rushes onto the loose ball and hammers over the bar. Jordan Henderson then has a similar chance but his half-volley just evades the top corner.
- 15:37Everton 1-1 Liverpool (46 mins)Back under way with no changes for either side. A huge half coming up.
- 15:35Former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher:”If it’s an act of violent conduct it’s factual. A tackle is subjective because is it serious foul play? That’s people’s choice and that’s where the dilemma was, they didn’t feel it was serious foul play so it defaults back to the offside.”
- 15:34THE CHALLENGE – Pickford on VVD
- 15:32Premier League pundit Tim Cahill:”I like the discipline of Salah and Mane, Everton are retreating, Robertson gets a little bit of luck as he plays the ball past Coleman but the positioning of Mane and Salah are key because of the late runs. They can’t run in behind so they’ve looked at Everton’s problems and thought ‘how can we affect them as third man runners?’”
- 15:30Pinpoint when it matters most 📍Quality in the final third has yielded both of the goals in this one so far, with Andy Robertson and James Rodriguez both providing assists from their left feet. Everton have sent in three open play crosses with Liverpool delivering seven.
Where will the next goal come from?
- 15:28MAIN MANE – Sadio celebrates opener
- 15:26Donovan Moore emails firstname.lastname@example.org:”Rodriguez looks like being one of the best FPL bargains for a while.”
- 15:24BONUS POINTS AS IT STANDS3 – Mane
2 – Robertson
1 – Keane
- 15:20HALF-TIME Everton 1-1 LiverpoolA very enjoyable first half on Merseyside, which saw the champions go ahead after three minutes thanks to Sadio Mane’s strike. Virgil van Dijk hobbled off shortly after and then Michael Keane levelled from James Rodriguez’s pinpoint corner.
- 15:19Everton 1-1 Liverpool (45+2 mins)Adrian doesn’t take any chances with Andre Gomes’ looping cross as he tips over the bar. James sends in the resulting corner but there’s a foul in the middle.
- 15:17Everton 1-1 Liverpool (45 mins)Ben Godfrey has a rare foray forward and does well to shrug off challenges down the right before teeing up Richarlison on the edge of the box, the Brazilian taking one touch before smashing a left-footed shot over the bar.
James Rodriguez then crops Sadio Mane to the ground on the edge of the visitors’ box and get a yellow.
- 15:15BATTLING AT GOODISON – Mane loses out to Allan
- 15:12Everton 1-1 Liverpool (40 mins)Mo Salah has been a bit of a passenger in this first half but manages to carve out a shooting chance out on the right after a neat one-two with Thiago. The Egyptian’s right-footed effort lacks conviction and Pickford collects with ease.
Everton then attack and Richarlison is inches away from connecting with Calvert-Lewin’s flick-on.
- 15:06Everton 1-1 Liverpool (35 mins)Another Liverpool attack down the left and another gilt-edged chance for Sadio Mane. Andy Robertson expertly picks out his team-mate once again but the side-foot finish lacks direction. The visitors’ bench knows how big that opportunity was.
- 15:03SUB Everton 1-1 Liverpool (31 mins)Seamus Coleman pulls up pointing to his hamstring, he can’t continue as he strips off his captain’s armband and on comes Ben Godfrey for his Everton debut. Straight into the deep end.
- 15:01Abhinav BV emails email@example.com:”Liverpool missing that commanding presence of Van Dijk in the box!”
- 14:59KEANE TO EQUALISE – No stopping that leap
- 14:57Everton 1-1 Liverpool (24 mins)That’ll give Jordan Pickford a confidence boost, the Everton keeper springing to his right to keep out Trent Alexander-Arnold’s whipped free-kick.
- 14:55Everton 1-1 Liverpool (23 mins)Andre Gomes with the first booking of the afternoon for a high foot as Sadio Mane looked to take aim from the edge of the box. Plenty of Reds standing over this set-piece…
- 14:54Premier League pundit Jim Beglin:”There’s a big concentration in the box and Gomes had a little lean on Adrian, who might question whether he could’ve got something earlier on that. It comes at him so fast in the end he’s struggling to react. I think he’ll be disappointed he didn’t get his hands behind that a little bit quicker.”
- 14:51GOAL! Everton 1-1 Liverpool (KEANE, 19 mins)And just like that, we’re level. James Rodriguez – as he has done all season – curls in a beautiful corner which is screaming out to be attacked and Michael Keane does just that. Adrian no chance and what a game we’ve got on our hands!
- 14:49Everton 0-1 Liverpool (17 mins)Dominic Calvert-Lewin is standing right on substitute Joe Gomez and gets the better of the Liverpool man, superbly bringing down a long ball over the top. Luckily for Gomez, he went slightly too early and the flag is raised.
- 14:45Everton 0-1 Liverpool (13 mins)First chance for Dominic Calver-Lewin to test Adrian but he can’t direct his header on target. Down the other end, Roberto Firmino glances Andy Robertson’s cross well wide of the mark.
- 14:43SUB Everton 0-1 Liverpool (10 mins)How will this affect the match? Virgil van Dijk can’t shake off that earlier knock picked up in the challenge with Jordan Pickford and on comes Joe Gomez.
- 14:41UP AND AT ‘EM – Mane with a trademark celebration
- 14:39Everton 0-1 Liverpool (6 mins)A couple of deliveries for the hosts to deal with, first Sadio Mane’s whipped cross is headed clear by Michael Keane with Jordan Henderson lurking and moments later, Virgil van Dijk is clattered by Jordan Pickford at the back post. The VAR is checking a penalty, but shows Van Dijk was slightly offside. Let off for Pickford.
- 14:37Premier League pundit Jim Beglin:”It’s a really well worked goal and the way they were able to take Allan out of the game was a big part of that. I think that pass was meant for Mane but it came to Robertson, it’s just a case of picking out his man and he did that beautifully. Mane, all he had to do was get the finishing touch and he did that with force.”
- 14:34GOAL! Everton 0-1 Liverpool (MANE, 3 mins)Wow, what a fantastic start for the champions. It’s a wonderfully worked goal down the left, too, with Andy Robertson advancing into the box and cutting it back for Sadio Mane to smash in an emphatic finish.
- 14:32Premier League pundit Jim Beglin:”Rodriguez is an influence Liverpool will want to curb, he can’t be allowed to come inside and open up the pitch. Thiago too has the ability to pick a winning pass and needs watching.”
- 14:30KICK-OFF Everton 0-0 LiverpoolIt’s great to be back – especially with a Derby of this magnitude.
Premier League Matchweek 5 is officially GO!