The ruling party National Resistance Movement today held its election primaries to choose its flag bearers in the next general election come 2021.
The party primaries saw a huge number of Ministers and Incumbents being defeated.
Below is a provisional list of those who are already nursing defeat.
- Evelyn Anite (State Minister – Privatization) – Koboko Municipality
- Adolf Mwesigye (Minister of Defence and Veteran Affairs) – Bunyangabu County
- Elioda Tumwesigye (Minister of Science and Technology) – Sheema Municipality.
- Mwesigwa Rukutana (State Minister – Labour) – Rushenyi County
- Ephraim Kamuntu (Minister of Justice and Constitutional Affairs) – Igara West
- John Byabagambi (Minister of Karamoja Affairs) – Ibanda South
- Mary Karoro Okurut (Minister i/c General Duties OPM) – Bushenyi Woman MP
- Molly Kamukama (State Minister for Economic Monitoring in the Office of the President) – Kazo Woman MP
- Peter Kibanzanga (State minister for defense and veteran affairs) – Bughendera County
- Tarsis Kabwegyere (Former Minister in charge of General Duties OPM) – Igara East
Micheal Tusiime – Incumbent Mbarara City
Hatwib Katoto – Incumbent Katerera Constituency
Lydia Wanyoto (NRM Chair Women’s League) – Mbale Woman MP
Karungi Elizabeth Beikirizze – Kanungu Woman MP
Kajungu Mutambi Rosette Christine – Mbarara Woman MP
Abbas Agaba Mugisha – Kitagwenda County
Simeo Nsubuga – Kassanda South