Uganda’s wealthy Business group under their Umbrella body Kwagalana on Tuesday donated a TATA Double Cabin.
The Pick-Up white in color was received by Uganda’s First Deputy Prime Minister Rt Hon. Gen (RTD) in the Presence of the Political Overseer of the National Response Fund to COVID 19 Hon. Mary Mary Karooro Okurut, the Chairperson of the Fund Engineer Emmanuel Katongole, Mrs. Kisaka Dorothy, the Administrator and Secretary of the Fund.“Please receive our humble contribution. Our group does not help only during a Crisis. We are always supporting those in need. We stand with our Country as we fight this Pandemic. KWAGALANA GROUP MOTOR VEHICLE HANDOVER TO NATIONAL COVID 19 TASK FORCE CHAIRMAN GK SPEECH Right Honourable Prime Minister, Honourable Ministers, The Chairperson National Taskforce, and every person here in their respective honours and capacities, all protocol observed ladies and gentlemen ; Please allow me to introduce the members of Kwagalana Group, that are present today. I wish to thank our Beloved President, Yoweri Kaguta Museveni for wisely and bravely continuing to steer us through the current crisis. We appreciate our President and thank God for our President’s wise, steady, and visionary leadership in these uncertain times. Special thanks to The Ministry of Health, honourable ministers, Dr. Aceng Ruth, Dr. Atwine, Hon. Mary Karoro, our dear Prime Minister Hon. Ruhakana Rugunda, our Medical Team risking it all to save lives and the entire Covid 19 response team, we are grateful for the sacrifice and all your efforts in fighting this deadly corona virus. I also wish to thank all organizations and individuals for all their generous contributions and Patriotic Spirit. We are in this together and we shall conquer! We appreciate the various generous contributions of food and other essentials to the cause and wish to supplement these positive efforts by contributing to the building of a medical fleet throughout Uganda that is capable of rushing any potential or actual victim to hospital for timely medical intervention. I wish to mention that Kwagalana Group members have been at the frontline from the start, each in their own way supporting this cause with food and essentials.
- Sudhir Ruparelia contributed two pickup trucks through your foundation;
- Ben Kavuya made earlier contributions in Rukungiri and Kabula,
- Posiano Ngabirano contributed in Rukungiri,
- Joesph Yiga, contributed a pick up through Steel & Tube, Ntake Group;
- Ham Enterprises made a contribution of one hundred million;
- Sarah Nkonge made an earlier contribution in Lwengo,
These donations will be utilized by the Ministry of Health according to the National Response Fund to COVID 19 Chairman Engineer Emmanuel Katongole.
On Friday 24th April, Uganda’s President Museveni flagged off the first batch of 45 Motor Vehicles that had been donated to the Ministry of Health.The donations in kind including foodstuffs and other medical equipment are always handed over to the National Taskforce for COVID-19.
President Museveni announced the establishment of the NATIONAL RESPONSE FUND TO COVID-19 that was formed on the 8th April 2020.
He also appointed a Committee to provide leadership to the COVID-19 Fund. The members of the Committee are: –
- Hon. Mary Karooro-Okurut, Minister of General Duties, OPM, Political oversight
- Mr. Emmanuel Katongole, CEO, Cipla Chemicals – Chairperson
- Mr. Robert Kabushenga, CEO, New Vision Group, Member
- Mr. Apollo Makubuya, Distinguished Lawyer, MMAKs Advocates, Member
- Mr. Francis Kamulegeya, CEO, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Member
- Mr. Kishor Jobanputra, CEO, Picfare Industries, Member
- Mr. Patrick Mweheire, Regional CEO, Standard Bank Group, Member
- Mr. Bwoch Gustavas, Chairman Centenary Bank, Member
- Bishop Joshua Lwere, Member Council of Presidents, IRCU, Member
- Mr. Aga Sekalala (Jr), CEO, Ugachick, Member
- Dr. Ian Clarke, CEO, International Hospital Kampala, Member
- Dr. Francis Omaswa, Former Director-General of Health Services, Member
- Mr. Keith Muhakanizi, Permanent Secretary, Secretary to the Treasury, Member
- Dr. Diana Atwine, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Member
- Mrs. Dorothy Kisaka – Secretary/Covid-19 Fund Administrator
- The mandate of the Committee is to take responsibility for mobilizing resources for the fight against the pandemic, COVID -19 and enable the provision of relief to vulnerable persons
The President recently donated 1.4M, as part of his monthly salary to the Covid-19 Fund. He pledged that this the deduction will be donated every month till the pandemic of Covid-19 is eliminated. This took place on 30th April and the cash donation was brought in person by the First lady and Minister of Education, Janet Kataaha Museveni to the Covid-19 Fund Committee at the Office of the Prime Minister.Uganda’s First Deputy Prime Minister Rt Hon. Gen (RTD) Moses Ali listening to the Kwagalana Group Members led by their Chairman Mr. Godfrey Kirumira.Kabuubi/KMA Updates.