Answering President Yoweri Museveni’s call to fight Covid19 claiming lives in the whole world,
The government of Israel has joined the rest to donate medical Supplies to their Ugandan counterparts The consignment delivered by Mrs.Muganga Ishta, the Honorary Counsel of Uganda to Israel, flanked by Mr. Godwin Asiimwe was handed over the National Response Fund to COVID 19 team led by the Political head and the Minister in charge of General Duties Hon Mary Karooro Okurut in the Presence of the Fund Administrator and Secretary also newly nominated Executive Director of Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA).
The items were 6000 Masks,500 medical gowns and 50 gun thermometers.
Mrs Muganga was recently appointed in that office as the new Counsel of the State of Israel to Uganda in May 2020 and took up office just recently, thanked President Yoweri Museveni with his government for the concerted efforts in combating Covid19.
She noted that Israel whose East Africa regional Embassy is in Nairobi Kenya donated a bigger consignment of items to Uganda and a section of them would be sent to some Hospital in Kiboga district while another to Naguru hospital in Nakawa division which would be delivered next Tuesday by a special select delegation.
“The state of Israel has extended a humble donation of an assortment of personal protective equipment (PPEs) dedicated to support medical teams currently manning the Covid-19 facilities in the country” she said.
to Minister Okurut in yellow and Dorothy Kisaka as his aide Godwin Asiimwe on left looks on.
Hon.thanked the government of the State of Israel for the donation saying it was not the first one as her office recently received a consignment of items of which Uganda appreciates so such.
The minister told Muganga that government was getting concerned that people are no longer respecting the ministry of health guidelines that safe guards them against contracting the deadly corona virus.
She pointed out that president Museveni was looking at strengthening the health sector at this critical moment as the numbers of infections to the Covid19 pandemic are on the increase adding that the protective gear donated by Israel through its foreign aid body of Mashav was timely and welcome.
Hon Minister Mary Karooro Okurut appreciated the diplomat for her good Spirit.
These donations will be utilized by the Ministry of Health according to the National Response Fund to COVID 19 Chairman Engineer Emmanuel Katongole.
On Friday 24th April, Uganda’s President Museveni flagged off the first batch of 45 Motor Vehicles that had been donated to the Ministry of Health.
The donations in kind including foodstuffs and other medical equipment are always handed over to the National Taskforce for COVID-19.
President Museveni, announced the establishment of the National Response Fund to Covid19 that was was formed on the 8th April,2020.
He also appointed a Committee to provide leadership to the COVID-19 Fund. The members of the Committee are: –
- Hon. Mary Karooro-Okurut, Minister of General Duties, OPM, Political oversight
- Mr. Emmanuel Katongole, CEO, Cipla Chemicals – Chairperson
- Mr. Robert Kabushenga, CEO, New Vision Group, Member
- Mr. Apollo Makubuya, Distinguished Lawyer, MMAKs Advocates, Member
- Mr. Francis Kamulegeya, CEO, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Member
- Mr. Kishor Jobanputra, CEO, Picfare Industries, Member
- Mr. Patrick Mweheire, Regional CEO, Standard Bank Group, Member
- Mr. Bwoch Gustavas, Chairman Centenary Bank, Member
- Bishop Joshua Lwere, Member Council of Presidents, IRCU, Member
- Mr. Aga Sekalala (Jr), CEO, Ugachick, Member
- Dr. Ian Clarke, CEO, International Hospital Kampala, Member
- Dr. Francis Omaswa, Former Director-General of Health Services, Member
- Mr. Keith Muhakanizi, Permanent Secretary, Secretary to the Treasury, Member
- Dr. Diana Atwine, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Member
- Mrs. Dorothy Kisaka – Secretary/Covid-19 Fund Administrator
- The mandate of the Committee is to take responsibility for mobilizing resources for the fight against the pandemic, COVID -19 and enable the provision of relief to vulnerable persons
The President recently donated 1.4M, as part of his monthly salary to the Covid-19 Fund. He pledged that this deduction will be donated every month till the pandemic of Covid-19 is eliminated. This took place on 30th April and the cash donation was brought in person by the First lady and Minister of Education, Janet Kataaha Museveni to the Covid-19 Fund Committee at the Office of the Prime Minister.
- Cabinet Ministers of the Government of Uganda
- Members of Parliament
- Members of the Judiciary
- Permanent Secretaries
- Directors, Commissioners and all Senior Civil servants
- All leaders in the Local Government structures
- Mrs. Dorothy Kisaka: She appealed to the well-wishers to pay their money to the banks and bring payslips to the Fund.
- Bank Name: Stanbic Bank, Garden City
- Account Name: National Response Fund to Covid19
- Account Number: Shillings:9030017338551
- Info@ Tel +256-776-000-108,+256793942474