GreenAfrika Company on Wednesday joined the rest of the donors to contribute towards the fight against Covid 19 in Uganda.
They donated 100 Cartons of envopa photocopying Paper worthy 12.5 Uganda Million shillings.
Envopap is the greenest Paper in the world.Its made out of agricultural waste 100 percent
These were received by the National Response Fund Political head and Minister incharge of General Duties in the Office of the Prime Hon.Maria Karooro okurut in the Presence of the Fund Secretary and Administrator Mrs Kisaka Dorothy.
“It is our collective and individual responsibility to preserve and tend to the world in which we all live”- Dalai Lama
At GreenAfriKa, we believe it is our responsibility to create a cleaner sustainable environment for future generations of Uganda and Africa at large. We use plastic alternatives made from cassava, sugarcane, palm leaves and other exciting sources that are able to decompose and offer biodegradable and environmentally friendly products that do not pollute the earth.
For 10 years,www.greenafrika.org. This insensitive way of disposing plastics is one of the major causes of environmental degradation in the world today. He thought of a way to improve the waste management in his industry and ultimately the country by developing a more eco-friendly product better than plastic bags that would transform the way waste is managed for a sustainable, green, and healthy environment. Thus, GreenAfriKa was born. Joining him on this cause, are a team of dedicated, committed, focused, and like-minded individuals who share the mission, “To help Uganda lead Africa in initiatives to combat plastic pollution.” We envision Clean Africa for our children and for future generations.
With our products, there is 30% less pollution and a duration of 6 months for degradation to occur compared to normal plastic which can take over 450 years to decompose completely.
Our core values; environmental sustainability, innovation, dependability and a commitment to do good for the community help define who we are as a company and how we would like to serve on top of offering the very best of our plant-based plastic alternative products.
We are located in Kiwaatule, Kampala. Feel free to contact us today and join our mailing list for exciting news about how to keep the environment around you safe.
These donations will be utilized by the Ministry of Health according to the National Response Fund to Covid 19 Chairman Engineer Emmanuel Katongole.
On Friday 24th April, Uganda’s President Museveni flagged off the first batch of 45 Motor Vehicles that had been donated to the Ministry of Health.
The donations in kind including foodstuffs and other medical equipment are always handed over to the National Taskforce for COVID-19.
President Museveni, announced the establishment of the NATIONAL RESPONSE FUND TO COVID-19 that was was formed on the 8th April,2020.
He also appointed a Committee to provide leadership to the COVID-19 Fund. The members of the Committee are: –
- Hon. Mary Karooro-Okurut, Minister of General Duties, OPM, Political oversight
- Mr. Emmanuel Katongole, CEO, Cipla Chemicals – Chairperson
- Mr. Robert Kabushenga, CEO, New Vision Group, Member
- Mr. Apollo Makubuya, Distinguished Lawyer, MMAKs Advocates, Member
- Mr. Francis Kamulegeya, CEO, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Member
- Mr. Kishor Jobanputra, CEO, Picfare Industries, Member
- Mr. Patrick Mweheire, Regional CEO, Standard Bank Group, Member
- Mr. Bwoch Gustavas, Chairman Centenary Bank, Member
- Bishop Joshua Lwere, Member Council of Presidents, IRCU, Member
- Mr. Aga Sekalala (Jr), CEO, Ugachick, Member
- Dr. Ian Clarke, CEO, International Hospital Kampala, Member
- Dr. Francis Omaswa, Former Director General of Health Services, Member
- Mr. Keith Muhakanizi, Permanent Secretary, Secretary to the Treasury, Member
- Dr. Diana Atwine, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Member
- Mrs. Dorothy Kisaka – Secretary/Covid-19 Fund Administrator
- The mandate of the Committee is to take responsibility for mobilizing resources for the fight against the pandemic, COVID -19 and enable provision of relief to vulnerable persons
The President recently donated 1.4M, as part of his monthly salary to the Covid-19 Fund. He pledged that this deduction will be donated every month till the pandemic of Covid-19 is eliminated. This took place on 30th April and the cash donation was brought in person by the First lady and Minister of Education, Janet Kataaha Museveni to the Covid-19 Fund Committee at the Office of the Prime Minister.
- Cabinet Ministers of the Government of Uganda
- Members of Parliament
- Members of the Judiciary
- Permanent Secretaries
- Directors, Commissioners and all Senior Civil servants
- All leaders in the local Government structures
- Mrs Dorothy Kisaka: She appealed to the wellwishers to pay their money to the banks and bring pay slips to the Fund.
- Bank Name:Stanbic Bank,Garden City
- Account Name:National Response Fund to Covid19
- Account Number:Shillings:9030017338551
- Info@Tel +256-776-000-108,+256793942474