The U.S. Mission in Kampala has been working closely with the Ugandan Ministry of Health and many other partners to address risk communications as a critical piece of the COVID-19 response in Uganda. As the cases in Uganda increase and lock down restrictions are lifted, it becomes increasingly important for vital resources to be shared as widely as possible. The U.S. Mission in Kampala believes we can assist with this by leveraging our wide network of colleagues to disseminate coordinated, strategic, and comprehensive risk communications messaging.
We are asking you as community leaders in Uganda to take the COVID-19 communications resources in this toolkit; and utilize, implement, and most importantly share them as extensively as possible. The more people who know how to keep themselves and their families safe, know the appropriate symptoms for which to look, and know how to seek the care and treatment they need, the greater the success we will have in beating COVID-19 together!
Thank you for joining us in the fight against COVID-19!
Chargé d’affaires U.S. Embassy Kampala
How to Use This Resource Toolkit
Click the links throughout the toolkit to reach downloadable and shareable resources and utilize them by:
- Printing a poster out and hang it on your door or sharing it with a neighbor.
- Sharing the radio spots with your local radio station or sending them to your contacts over WhatsApp.
- Sharing the videos over social media or through WhatsApp.
- Making it your goal to share these materials and messages with as many people as you can…knowledge is power!
Key Resources / Updates & Information
For the most up-to-date COVID-19 information on Uganda, visit the links below:
- Ministry of Health COVID Information Page
- KCCA COVID-19 Response Hub
- Government of Uganda COVID-19 Response Info Hub
- Uganda COVID-19 Status Dashboard
Additional Helpful resources:
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Home Page
- USAID Webpage on COVID-19
- The USAID Implementing Partner Resource Center (IPRC)
- The Johns Hopkins University Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) Interactive Data Map
- The COVID-19 Tools for Behavior Change
- UNICEF COVID-19 Portal
- World Health Organization (WHO) COVID-19 Dashboard
- Africa CDC COVID-19 Home Page
- Africa CDC COVID-19 Travel Pass