Nairobi, Kenya — 54 people have recovered from coronavirus in the last 24 hours, the highest number since Kenya reported its first recovery on April 1.
“I want to pay tribute to our health workers. While celebrating the success, I want to reiterate the importance of observing the containment measures,” Dr. Aman said on Wednesday.
He however revealed that the number of Kenyans who have contracted coronavirus has risen to 2,216 after 123 tested positive.
This is from a total of 2,112 samples that were tested bringing the total number of cumulative samples tested in the country to 85,058.
90 of the new cases are male while 33 are female while age distribution is between 8 to 84 years.
Nairobi reported 44 cases, Mombasa 34, Busia 20, Uasin Gishu 12, Kajiado 3, Kiambu 3, Nyeri 3, Kilifi 2, Garissa 1 and Laikipia 1.
- Mombasa: Mvita (11), Jomvu (8), Chamgamwe (5), Likoni (4), Kisauni (3), Nyali (3)
- Busia: All truck drivers from the Malaba border point
- Uasin Gishu: All truck drivers at Turbo
- Kajiado: All truck drivers
- Nyeri: Nyeri Central (2), Nyeri South (1)
- Garissa: Garissa Town (1)
- Laikipia: Laikipia West (1)