African Queen No.1 Distributor Limited a company dealing in the distribution of fast-moving consumer goods in and around Uganda. We do distribute for multi-national companies across the Globe such as PZ Cussons, Kevian Kenya, Bic, Fay Tissue and Serviettes among others.
We write to inform you that our partners/suppliers from Kenya heard the plea of our President H.E Yoweri Kaguta Museveni on offering any form of a donation to the COVID-19 Task Force that has been mandated to not only lead the fight against the COVID-19 virus but also ensure proper distribution of food to those families that have been greatly affected during this time. African Queen thus wishes to make a donation of 18 tons of maize towards the fight against Covid-19 courtesy of;
Kevian Kenya Limited- Afia Juice & Pick ‘n’ Peel
PZ Cussons EA Limited- Imperial Leather Soap & Cussons baby
Kim Fay Kenya Limited- Fay Toilet paper
Trufoods Kenya Limited-Zesta Jam
Suntory Foods and Beverages- Ribena & Lucozade
We once again thank you for the efforts invested in this noble cause for which we are proud to be part of.N.B The donation was handled over by Musa Senkubuge our Head.
Following the Covid19 pandemic that has caused fatal setbacks in the implementation of government programs globally and nationally, and in line with the President’s initiative to fight and control the spread of the disease, while reducing its effects on vulnerable communities.
They were received by Mr. Apollo Makubuya, Distinguished Lawyer, MMAKs Advocates, in the Presence of Mrs. Kisaka Dorothy, the Administrator and Secretary of the Fund.
“Please receive our humble contribution .We stand with our brothers and sisters in Uganda and especially those in cities whose food supplies have been adversely disrupted by the lockdown.
These donations will be utilized by the Ministry of Health according to the National Response Fund to Covid 19 Chairman Engineer Emmanuel Katongole.
On Friday 24th April, Uganda’s President Museveni flagged off the first batch of 45 Motor Vehicles that had been donated to the Ministry of Health.
The donations in kind including foodstuffs and other medical equipment are always handed over to the National Taskforce for COVID-19.
President Museveni, announced the establishment of the NATIONAL RESPONSE FUND TO COVID-19 that was was formed on the 8th April,2020.
He also appointed a Committee to provide leadership to the COVID-19 Fund. The members of the Committee are: –
- Hon. Mary Karooro-Okurut, Minister of General Duties, OPM, Political oversight
- Mr. Emmanuel Katongole, CEO, Cipla Chemicals – Chairperson
- Mr. Robert Kabushenga, CEO, New Vision Group, Member
- Mr. Apollo Makubuya, Distinguished Lawyer, MMAKs Advocates, Member
- Mr. Francis Kamulegeya, CEO, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Member
- Mr. Kishor Jobanputra, CEO, Picfare Industries, Member
- Mr. Patrick Mweheire, Regional CEO, Standard Bank Group, Member
- Mr. Bwoch Gustavas, Chairman Centenary Bank, Member
- Bishop Joshua Lwere, Member Council of Presidents, IRCU, Member
- Mr. Aga Sekalala (Jr), CEO, Ugachick, Member
- Dr. Ian Clarke, CEO, International Hospital Kampala, Member
- Dr. Francis Omaswa, Former Director General of Health Services, Member
- Mr. Keith Muhakanizi, Permanent Secretary, Secretary to the Treasury, Member
- Dr. Diana Atwine, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Member
- Mrs. Dorothy Kisaka – Secretary/Covid-19 Fund Administrator
- The mandate of the Committee is to take responsibility for mobilizing resources for the fight against the pandemic, COVID -19 and enable provision of relief to vulnerable persons
The President recently donated 1.4M, as part of his monthly salary to the Covid-19 Fund. He pledged that this deduction will be donated every month till the pandemic of Covid-19 is eliminated. This took place on 30th April and the cash donation was brought in person by the First lady and Minister of Education, Janet Kataaha Museveni to the Covid-19 Fund Committee at the Office of the Prime Minister.
- Cabinet Ministers of the Government of Uganda
- Members of Parliament
- Members of the Judiciary
- Permanent Secretaries
- Directors, Commissioners and all Senior Civil servants
- All leaders in the local Government structures
- Mrs Dorothy Kisaka: She appealed to the wellwishers to pay their money to the banks and bring pay slips to the Fund.
- Bank Name:Stanbic Bank,Garden City
- Account Name:National Response Fund to Covid19
- Account Number:Shillings:9030017338551
- Info@Tel +256-776-000-108,+256793942474