Aviation Police Nabs Two Drug Dealers
Aviation Police and sister security agencies have arrested two drug dealers, who were set to deliver narcotic drugs to Cameroon and India.
Its alleged that on 28/8/2020 at about 1400 hours at NAS Export bonds at Entebbe International Airport in Wakiso District, one Mugabi Azaria of Sky Net Worldwide Express Courier Company took cargo for export under Master Airway to the Xray machine for security screening. In the process of screening, Police Anti-Narcotics officers intercepted two packages of house Airway each containing cream powdered substances suspected to be narcotic drugs concealed in their false bottoms.
The shippers for the packages respectively were Nannono Lydia and Nakawooya Juliet according to the documents.
Mugabi was tasked to produce the shippers and he led Police to Nannono.
Upon interrogation, Nannono revealed that the package was given to her by a Nigerian national called Okafor Osita Rufus, who stays at Kitende in Kajjansi in Wakiso District.
Nannono led Aviation Police to the home of Okafar Osita and he was arrested.
The shipments which was being shipped by Nannono was destined for Cameroon.
It was found to contain about 306 grams of cream granular substance suspected to be heroin, according to preliminary tests conducted.
The package which was being shipped by another suspect, who is on the run, was destined for India.
It was found to contain four smaller boxes each containing cream powdered substance suspected to be heroin concealed in the false bottom of these boxes with gross weight of 525 grams.
When a search was conducted in the house of Okafor, the following items were recovered.
1. 10 packages of suspected methamphetamine 939 grams.
2. 485 tablets of suspected MDMA (Ecstacy) 113 grams.
3. 23 small sackets of suspected methamphetamine 20 grams.
4. One pallet of suspected methamphetamine 12 grams.
5. Some tablets mixed with powder substance suspected to be Ecstasy 16 grams.
6. Other mixtures of powdered substance suspected to be Ecstasy 65 grams.
7. Money US $ 9500, Uganda Shs 98,000, Nigerian Naira 700, Indian Ruppees 8360.
8. Three passports of OKafor Osita Rufus Nos AO9389943, AO428682A and AO0202772 and passport number AO 5547585 in the names of Ejike Jamal Lucky which is expired.
The two suspects in our custody are Nannono Lydia and Okafor. They are being detained at Aviation Police in Entebbe on charges of being in possession of narcotics and trafficking in narcotics.
They are likely to appear in court this week.
SP Patrick Onyango