Ruto appoints seven women to Cabinet
The unveiling of the Cabinet Secretaries 2022 came shortly after he held his inaugural cabinet meeting with former cabinet secretaries who served under former President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Addressing the nation from State House Nairobi, the President unpacked to Kenyans the men and women who he entrusted with the responsibility of delivering his manifesto to Kenyans.
The nominated Cabinet Secretaries will however be vetted in parliament.
Here is the full list of his Cabinet Secretaries 2022:
Prime Cabinet Secretary – Musalia Mudavadi
2. Interior – Kithure Kindiki
3. National Treasury-Njuguna Ndung’u
4. Public Service and Gender – Aisha Jumwa
5. Defence – Aden Duale
6. Water, Sanitation & Irrigation – Alice Wahome
7. Foreign and Diaspora Affairs -Alfred Mutua
8. Trade – Moses Kuria
9. EAC – Rebecca Miano
10. Roads – Onesmus Kipchumba Murkomen
11. Lands – Zacharia Mwangi Njeru
12. Tourism – Peninah Malonza
13. Agriculture – Mithika Linturi1
4. Education – Ezekiel Machogu
15. Energy and Petroleum – Davis Chirchir
16. Sports – Ababu Namwamba
17. Cooperatives and MSMEs – Simon Chelugui
18. Mining – Salim Mvurya
19. Labour – Florence Bore
20. Health – Susan Wafula
21. Communication – Eliud Owalo
o22. Environment & forestry – Roselinda Soipan Tuya
Attorney General – Justin Muturi
National Security adviser – Monica Juma
Secretary to the cabinet – Mercy Wanjau
The unveiling of the cabinet came shortly after he held his inaugural cabinet meeting with former cabinet secretaries who served under former President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Two of the people proposed have active court cases; Aisha Jumwa and Mithiki Linturi.
In April 2022, two cases linked to Jumwa were pushed to August and September.
Jumwa is facing a murder charge and a Sh19 million graft case.
She said the two cases are politically instigated.
Danstan Omari, Jumwa’s lawyer, applied to have the case begin afresh after trial magistrate Edna Nyaloti was transferred to Nakuru law court.
Linturi on the other hand is accused that on January 30,2021, at around 3am at Maiyan Villa’s hotel in Nanyuki, he intentionally and unlawfully attempted to rape a 36-old-woman.