Friday, September 30, 2022
spot_img
HomeAfricaMetro:Follow View Profile Erik ten Hag sends message to Man Utd board...

Metro:Follow View Profile Erik ten Hag sends message to Man Utd board over making more summer signings

94 Views

ten Hag says he and the club are in agreement over targets (Picture: Getty)

© Provided by Metroten Hag says he and the club are in agreement over targets (Picture: Getty)

Erik ten Hag insists Manchester United must make more new signings before the summer transfer window closes.

United have made three additions to the squad this summer with Tyrell Malacia, Lisandro Martinez and Christian Eriksen arriving at Old Trafford.

But following a raft of summer departures, ten Hag is light on options in midfield and up front with the club still hopeful of bringing in more reinforcements.

United are in talks with Adrien Rabiot over a move from Juventus while they still have not given up on prising Frenkie de Jong away from Old Trafford.

Ten Hag is also keen on a versatile winger and a back-up option up front and believes he will have more options at his disposal in the coming weeks.

When asked if he was confident that the squad will be improved by the time the window closes, Ten Hag said: ‘We have to. I am confident we will have [a better squad].

Ten Hag refused to discuss specific targets but insisted he and the board are in agreement over the players currently being pursued.

United are in talks to sign Rabiot from Juventus (Picture: Getty)

© Provided by MetroUnited are in talks to sign Rabiot from Juventus (Picture: Getty)

‘I am happy. We are co-operating really well. I cannot talk about individual targets, or players who are under contract with other clubs.’

When asked specifically if he and the board are on the same page regarding transfer targets, Ten Hag replied: ‘Yes’.

United travel to Brentford on Saturday having lost their season opener at home to Brighton last week.

Anthony Martial, who impressed up front during pre-season, remains sidelined with a hamstring injury. It opens the door for Cristiano Ronaldo to return to the starting XI with the Portuguese star failing to secure a move away from Old Trafford this summer.

‘He had a good training week, I thought he played a little bit longer than half an hour, I would say he now has two half a games,’ ten Hag said of Ronaldo.

‘The starting XI, we will see tomorrow. I, of course, have made my decision but I [will] keep it.’

Erik ten Hag sends message to Man Utd board over making more summer signings (msn.com)

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular