The Makerere Universality Vice Chancellor Prof. Barnabas Nawangwe has constituted a team of eleven members to study the visitation committee report with the view of making formal response that will be discussed extensively by the University Management and thereafter send it to the University Council for a formal submission to the Minister of Education and Sports.
Addressing the press on 03rd January 2018, Prof. Nawangwe the study of the visitation Committee report, will also help the University contribute to the white paper development process, identify areas for immediate implementation and those that may need further clarification from the Ministry of Education ad Sports.
On 29th December 2017, the Visitation Committee handed over its report to the President and the Visitor to Makerere University H.E Yoweri Kaguta Museveni. The handover ceremony was witnessed by the Makerere University Chancellor Prof. Ezra Suruma, the Chairperson of Makerere University Council, Eng. Charles Wana Etyem, Members of Council, Top Management, representatives from Makerere University Academic Staff Association, Makerere University Administrative Staff Association, National Union of Educational Institutions as well as the Makerere University Students’ Guild.
“The Visitation committee highlighted a number of achievements as well as challenges faced by the university. On behalf of the Management, I commit to continue implementing what was recognized as being done well and to focus on areas where challenges were highlighted,” remarked Prof. Barnabas Nawangwe.
According to Prof. Nawagwe the team that was put in place to study the visitation committee report comprises of
- The Acting Deputy Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration Prof. William Bazeyo (Chairperson)
- The University Secretary, Mr. Charles Barugahare
- The Principal College of Business and Management Sciences, Dr. Eria Hisali
- The Principal of College of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Resources and Bio-Security Prof. John David Kabasa
- Representative of Makerere University Academic Staff Association
- Representative of Makerere University Administrative Staff Association
- Representative of National Union of Educational Institutions
- Representative of Makerere University Students’ Guild
- The Director of Planning and Development, Dr. Florence Nakayiwa
- The Acting Director Human Resources Mrs. Dorothy Sennoga Zake
- And Acting Manager Revenue and Grants, Mrs. Jackie K. Ayorekire